Eleocharis Acicularis - 1L Potted Pond Plant
Perennial hair grass for your pond Versatile pond plant for within pond and at the pondside Oxygenating plant to keep pondlife healthy Naturally ...Read More
- Perennial hair grass for your pond
- Versatile pond plant for within pond and at the pondside
- Oxygenating plant to keep pondlife healthy
- Naturally removes nitrates from your pond to keep it clear
- Provides shelter for fish and aquatic wildlife
- 1 litre pot plant delivered to your door for immediate planting
Take advantage of this useful plant called the dwarf hairgrass, needle spike rush or Eleocharis acicularis which favours the clay and silt bottoms of ponds. The flowering grass-like plant grows happily under water but also at the pondside in moist soil. It is a fantastic nitrate remover, essential for preventing blanketweed and algae forming and causing your pond to turn dark and green.
It’s the natural way to keep your water environment healthy and your pondlife thriving whether you keep fish or keep a pond to solely attract wildlife like amphibians.
Dwarf hairgrass is a perennial plant that lays dormant over winter and returns in spring each year. Your garden wildlife finds it ideal to hide in and get shelter. With its flowers in August and September it attracts important pollinating insects too.