Ranunculus hederaceus - 1L Potted Pond Plant
1x 1 litre plant delivered to your door Provides pond flowers attractive to pollinating insects Stems provide shelter for fish and amphibians Rar...Read More
If you would like us to email you when this product comes back into stock, please login or register first
- 1x 1 litre plant delivered to your door
- Provides pond flowers attractive to pollinating insects
- Stems provide shelter for fish and amphibians
- Rare two-leaf types: clover-like leaves at the surface, fern-like leaves below
- Thrives in still water or gently-moving water
Introduce Ranunculus hederaceus (ivy-leaved crowfoot) to your pond for oxygenating leaves and early summer flowers. Every May and June small white and yellow buttercup-like flowers appear on stems that creep just beneath the top of your pond. This gives fish and amphibians like frogs welcome safety and shelter from the sun.
Where the flower come up the surrounding leaves are like little clover leaves, making an attractive backdrop to the flowers. Deeper in the pond the leaves are fern-like and the leaves make a great breeding ground for pond snails and newts.
Grow your Ranunculus hederaceus plant at the pond-side and allow the stems to creep towards the pond water to flower. Alternatively plant in a pond pot and submerge in the pond up to a depth of 30cm (12in).