Typha minima - dwarf bulrush - 1Ltr pot plant
Distinctive cylindrical seed heads, great for bird nesting material Attractive to dragonflies and damselflies Adds height to your pond or pondside...Read More
- Distinctive cylindrical seed heads, great for bird nesting material
- Attractive to dragonflies and damselflies
- Adds height to your pond or pondside
- Happy away from ponds but in damp soils
- Make effective water filters for clear and healthy ponds
- 1 litre potted plant delivered to your door
Get Typha minima (dwarf reed mace) into your garden and attract aquatic wildlife such as water insects like water boatmen, dragonflies and passing pollinating bees. The attractive seed heads also attract birds that are gathering nesting material.
This particular variety is suitable for garden ponds. Unlike other reeds this dwarf variety keeps well in proportion for average ponds and will not take over the area. Even if you don’t have a pond Typha minima will work well in a particularly boggy part of the garden or in soil that is very moist.