Water Soldier - Stratiotes aloides - 5x Young Pond Plants
For ponds 45cm or more deep Oxygenating plants that float in the summer and overwinter at the bottom of your pond Happy in ponds of all sizes Gre...Read More
- For ponds 45cm or more deep
- Oxygenating plants that float in the summer and overwinter at the bottom of your pond
- Happy in ponds of all sizes
- Great shelter for amphibians and fish
- Five plug plants ready to pot up and delivered to your door
Add this attractive foliage-floating plant with upright leaves for the surface of your pond. The collection of vertical leaves provides a habitat for resting amphibians like toads and frogs.
Just drop the water soldier plants in your pond and leave them to grow through the summer on the surface of your pond. In winter the leaves die back and the crown and roots sink to the bottom of your pond to overwinter rising up again the following spring.
Small buttercup-like flowers appear from June and last until August attracting beneficial pollinating insects like lacewings and ladybirds.